HANDS-OFF PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT / ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT Lake Forest, CA 92609 Salary: $85-95K, DOE / $55-65K, DOE Benefits: Vacation, Medical, Sick Leave, etc.
HANDS-OFF PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT / ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT
Lake Forest, CA 92609
Salary: $85-95K, DOE / $55-65K, DOE
Benefits: Vacation, Medical, Sick Leave, etc.
Plan & execute work procedures, interpret specifications, and coordinate various phases of construction to prevent delays; Study specifications to plan procedures for construction, coordinate sub-contractors, material deliveries, and quality assurance, enforce safety procedures, manage and prepare all documentation required by contract specifications, preside over weekly project meetings, and act as liaison between the customer and the home office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively study specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods
- Plan and supervise craft activities and/or employees, including determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule, and documenting actual hours worked
- Maintain a daily construction journal, prepare daily construction report for owner and contractor, review and collect daily construction reports from sub-contractors, etc.
- Coordinate supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers
- Review procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules
- Confer with and direct supervisory personnel and sub-contractors to resolve complaints and grievances
- Confer with supervisory, engineering personnel, inspectors and suppliers or tools and materials to resolve construction problems, and to improve construction methods
- Maintain liaison with estimating and project manager, if any, to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Inspects work-in-progress to ensure that work conforms to the specifications and construction schedules are adhered to
- Prepares, or receives from sub-contractors, reports of progress, material used and cost, and adjust work schedules as indicated by reports
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe job site, monitor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Assist with delivering an “outstanding” project to the customer
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s request and direction
This position is indirectly responsible for the overall supervision of Assistant Superintendents, if any, Foreman and Laborers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years or equivalent of project supervision and technical training and 5 or more years of trade experience
- Advanced knowledge of all trade disciplines, building techniques, project safety requirements, plus ability to interpret plans and specifications, CPM scheduling techniques, and reporting systems
- Knowledge of computer programs including Primavera, Prolog, and Microsoft Office is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires basic office work, including sitting, walking, climbing stairs, kneeling, and bending, operating hand operated office equipment and requires accurate visual ability
- Driving may be required – must have valid driver’s license for three or more years with no more than one moving violation
- Work environment is an active construction site
- Incumbent will work both indoors and outdoors
- Moderate to high noise level due to traffic, computers, printers, fax/copy machines
- Some travel is required